Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CIS Readers Cup Competition Book Cover
To redesign a cover of one of the Red Dot books in any medium (i.e. Computer generated, collage, photo, water-colour, oil, pencil, pastel etc.)
Entries will be evaluated using the following criteria
The font is clear and appropriate for this book and all elements (title, author, illustrator) are present.
Images (if used) evoke a strong sense of the storyline.
The font and the images work well together to vividly and creatively represent the story.
SAMPLES (last years' TK winners)
A few notes:
- Readers' Cup will be on a MONDAY lunch-time from 12.30-1.30pm. Please excuse yourselves from quiet reading AND please have your lunch in the canteen from 12.10-12.30pm so you can arrive promptly
- All younger readers will be expected to read ALL 8 books, but to specialise in 3 of them in your team
- All older readers will be expected to read at least 3 books, but preferably ALL books.
- Each TEAM must submit at least 1 book trailer and 1 book cover. Mr. Hobbs can help with the book cover and will hold sessions in the art room - date and time to be announced
- Please only borrow ONE of the readers' cup books at a time
- While you are reading the books please think of suitable questions for the kahoot quiz. Please add them to the sheet document under the relevant book. DO NOT EVER delete anything someone else has added. If there are errors report them to a teacher on duty who will approach the person who submitted the question.
- Students MUST be committed - no more than two unauthorized absences.
Get your books on NLB Overdrive